This post may contain links from our partners. Read how we make money for more info.
Taste of the Wild dog food is prepared by Diamond Pet Foods, Inc. which are a U.S.-based manufacturer.
They are a recent dog food brand, being in the market since 2007 as a premium and grain-free dog food made with excellent ingredients.
Taste of the Wild produces kibble and canned foods. They have foods for puppies and adult dogs.
They manufacture their recipes in four facilities in the U.S.: one is in northern California, one in central California, one in Missouri and one in South Carolina.
Examples of meat protein sources included in Taste of the Wild recipes are beef, wild boar, lamb, ocean fish meal, bison, chicken meal, venison, salmon and salmon meal, duck and duck meal, quail, and turkey. Regarding carbohydrates sources, as grain-free dog food, they use ingredients like potatoes and sweet potatoes.
Product Main Benefits:
- Guaranteed probiotics promote healthy digestive and immune systems
- Natural prebiotic fiber to help preserve a balance of probiotic bacteria in the colon
- Grain-free formulas
- Lean meat protein, roasted and smoked for great flavor
- Several protein sources ensure an appropriate amino acid profile
- Fruits and vegetables provide natural antioxidants to help support optimal cellular health
- Omega fatty acids help maintain healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Chelated Minerals are attached to proteins for an easier absorption from the digestive tract
Dog Food Recalls
Diamond Pet Foods has had a history of recalls due to aflatoxins, apprehensions about Salmonella, and fabrication issues at least since 1999-2000, counting a large recall in 2005. Since their former recalls, Diamond claims they use 151 quality checks to guarantee the quality of their products. For the most part, Taste of the Wild has not been included in these recalls but, in May 2012 there was a recall for it.
There were also lawsuits in 2018 and 2019 that are alleging the food is contaminated.
In our view, Taste of the Wild includes good quality ingredients. It is a premium dog food and it is cheaper than some of the most expensive grain-free dog foods.
Taste of the Wild dog food formulas includes natural lean meats and vegetables that a dog would eat as if it were in the wild. The company considers that dogs should eat according to their genetic makeup and primitive hunger. Dogs love Taste of the Wild recipes for their superior taste and excellent, high-quality ingredients.
*Disclaimer: We are not vets nor animal nutritionists. Please consult with your own veterinarian when choosing and/or trying new foods.*